Argan oil, commonly known as Moroccan oil, is derived from Argania spinosa, a typical desert shrub. It was developed with an economic and ecologic strategy in mind. The primary goal of developing this oil was to halt the expansion of Sahara Desert by encouraging plantation of shrub to prevent cutting of wood for the purpose of fuel.
Kernels from the argan tree are used to produce the rich and textured Argan oil. It contains a generous proportion of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. It is also loaded with the richness of a compound known as tocopherol, which imparts the quality and benefits of vitamin E. Consuming argan oil, or applying it to the body or hair, can be helpful in various ways. Especially when it comes to the health concerns of an individual, argan oil has been known to fight cardiac and coronary diseases, protect the body against certain types of cancers, as well as prevent diabetes and insulin resistance.
Ingredients in Argan Oil
Argan oil contains several ingredients having beneficial properties. Some of the commonly mentioned ingredients on the label are:
- Argania Spinoza kernel oil
- Butylphenyl methylpropional
- Linseed extract
- Fragrance supplement
- Alpha-isomethyl ionone
- Benzyl benzoate
What are the Proposed Benefits of Argan Oil?
Argan oil has been widely praised for its innumerable health benefits. Some of the common health benefits that have been proven to exist are noted herein.
- Argan Oil Prevents Cardiac and Cardiovascular Diseases: It has been found that argan oil can reduce the risks associated with cardiovascular diseases dramatically. It can lower the blood pressure level significantly, which impacts the blood pressure levels. The oil contains unsaturated fatty acid that helps to regulate blood cholesterol. Therefore, incorporating natural argan oil into the daily diet is one of the best ways to increase your fat intake while preventing the risks of fat accumulation in the heart.
- Cancer Prevention: Argan oil is also known to reduce the rate at which cells divide in prostate cancer. Studies have shown how argan oil consumption could reduce the growth of different types of cancer cells in case of prostate cancer. Once exposed to argan oil, it can reverse cancerous effects of the carcinogens on those prostate cells. Choose virgin argan oil, which is one of the best varieties that contain rich antioxidants. It could also protect against other types of cancers, while antioxidants are responsible for repairing cellular damage.
- Insulin Resistance: Argan oil has been widely used for treating diabetes. Studies show how this oil can reduce insulin resistance, which is the first step of developing diabetes.